Key exploitable results
By the end of LEGaTO, 12 Key Exploitable Results (KER, see definition at the bottom of the page) generated by the project were identified and uploaded to the Horizon Results Platform:
- RECS|Box, a heterogeneous microserver solution for the cloud that provides a flexible and scalable solution.
- t.RECS, a heterogeneous microserver solution focusing on edge computing use-cases.
- SmartMirror, whose integration in the smarthome domain show its potential for communicating the goals and achievements of LEGaTO technology in a real world scenario.
- FTI (Fault tolerant interface), a multi-level checkpointing tool mixing multiple layers of resilience in order to provide the best trade-off between performance and reliability.
- OmpSs programming model, a task-based programming model that develops a write-once run-anywhere approach to task-based programming with mapping into CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs.
- XiTAO, an open-source runtime for mixed-mode parallel applications targeting modern parallel and heterogeneous computer systems.
- Scone, an end-to-end application-oriented security.
- DFiant, a dataflow HDL and is embedded as a library in the Scala programming language.
- FPGA Undervolting, a promising technique to reduce the energy consumption of FPGAs.
- Secure IoT Gateway, which simplifies the complexity of securing the connection of devices to a network, coming with a Network Cockpit Application for configuring and monitoring the system.
- EmbeDL Deep Learning Optimizer for Embedded Systems, which enables deployment of high performance deep learning models on edge/embedded devices with optimal trade-off of energy, latency and cost as well as faster development cycle of AI powered products.
- Extensions to MAXELER MaxWare, a solution for dataflow acceleration of high-performance applications.
- Result: any tangible or intangible output of the action, such as data, knowledge and information whatever their form or nature, whether or not they can be protected, which are generated in the action as well as any attached rights, including intellectual property rights.
- KER: main interesting result which has been selected and prioritised due to its high potential to be "exploited" – meaning to make use and derive benefits - downstream the value chain of a product, process or solution, or act as an important input to policy, further research or education.